For e-commerce companies, the health of your business depends on the ability of your website to perform. Sometimes templated solutions like Etsy, Wix, Shopify, or Squarespace just aren’t going to cut it.
You need a site optimized to win in the short term (conversion) while still playing the long game (branding).
Here are some tips to turn your website visitors into customers:
Design for mobile
More than half of all internet users are shopping from a mobile device (Statista, 2017). Even more than that are visiting a company’s website on their phones before making a purchase, either in person or online. Mobile design can’t be an afterthought. Your website should be designed mobile-first, not just mobile-optimized.
Ensure your site is secure
84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website (Blue Corona, 2018). Make sure your site is on a secure platform and hosted with 24/7 monitoring to minimize any potential threat risk. And communicate with customers that their data will be protected, so they feel confident making a purchase through your website.
Your e-commerce experience should make it as easy as possible for someone to purchase your products or services. That means minimizing the number of clicks and steps required to find the desired product, add it to their cart, and seamlessly check out. An optimized UX (user experience) that prioritizes conversion flow is key to ensuring your site doesn’t just perform but also converts.
By 2021, global retail e-commerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion (Shopify Plus, 2018). The design and functionality of your e-commerce website are crucial to the success of your business.
Click here to build a custom e-commerce website that makes Shopify look like Geocities.
Here’s a few of Clique Studios’ best ecommerce websites:
Red Rocks Store
Red Rocks Amphitheater, awarded as “best outdoor venue” in the nation, is one of the best places to hear live music. With summer concert season around the corner, they needed to upgrade their online store to be a more versatile branded experience.
Business priorities guide process & partnerships
As Red Rocks’ strategic digital partner, we worked together to come up with the best process for their business needs and timeline goals. Together, we determined that pairing our design and front-end with their existing back-end point-of-sale and eCommerce platform—Aramark + Network Applications—would ensure the best build possible. The result? A new store experience launched just in time for summer concert season.
- Audit and vetting process to select the ‘Network Applications’ platform
- Design and front-end development to match the Red Rocks brand
- Easy-to-use eCommerce UX & UI flows to reduce friction in the experience
- Conversion optimization features like discounting and cart interactivity
BBJ Linen is a high-end linen rental service that creates memorable experiences and events—from corporate conferences to weddings. In tandem with an extensive rebrand, they needed a new website to communicate their key differentiator: a provider of both luxury products and expert design consultation.
Linen made luxurious
A new site meant new possibilities, and working with the BBJ Linen team, we defined a phased approach to pursue all business goals while upholding their rebrand timeline. Phase 1 focused on bringing their new brand to life and building a foundation for Phase 2: a full-scale eCommerce implementation, including a membership portal and new sales flow. Working with their brand guidelines, we created a minimalist design to communicate an elegant, yet modern feel. Specific highlights from phase 1 include:
- Subtle animations throughout to support the brand and improve UX
- A color wheel filter paired with a checklist view to meet accessibility and UX needs for users
- WooCommerce integration to support the current eCommerce flow
- Blog content migration from external Hubspot blog to increase SEO value
Stay tuned for phase 2!
DM Merchandising is a wholesale manufacturing company with an incredible range of product offerings, from gifts and seasonal merchandise to apparel and footwear. They develop innovative products from concepts to completion.Their previous website was outdated and didn’t adequately highlight their products nor their unique approach. They needed a newly designed marketing site to speak to the fact that they are an industry leading innovative manufacturer with a diverse product line, as well as cater better to their target audiences to drive leads.
To do that, we:
- Built a fully-customizable site to allow flexibility and change as the organization continues to grow and innovate
- Flexibility to change colors, fonts, sizes, etc. to tailor to each unique product line
- Reorganized products into categories to enhance the user experience
- Created branding to speak to target audiences
- Unique color pallet
- Logo design
Shop their wide variety of brands here!
Core Health and Fitness
Core Health and Fitness is a fitness equipment manufacturer built on four iconic brands- Star Trac, StairMaster, Nautilus, and Schwinn. Core Health and Fitness brought together these brands from all corners of the industry— brands that pioneered entire categories and whose machines are still the ones asked for by name. Their portfolio of intelligently designed, reliable products has earned them the respect of clients around the world.Prior to working with Clique, the four brands had their own microsites, each with separate CMS and no universal brand identity. Core Health and Fitness approached us to apply macro-level branding and bring everything under one representative site.With the health and fitness industry exploding, they recognized the importance of needing to upgrade their digital presence in order to compete. Clique executed that upgrade, designing a website that showcases their premier products, highlights their fitness expertise, and promotes their overarching brand.
For Core Health’s ecommerce website design, we:
- Combined 4 CMS into one custom CMS
- Enterprise implementation of WordPress
- Utilized WooCommerce to allow for future online sales
- Designed 100+ pages
- Managed 900+ product SKUs
- Simplified product data
- Easy input on backend for future growth
- Set up WordPress Multilingual plugin to allow for translation into Spanish and German
- Inputted 50+ 301 Redirects
- Ensured Responsiveness
- Implemented Universal Search feature
- Integrated with Tagboard (social media platform)
- Integrated with HubSpot
- Integrated with Salesforce
Time to get on the treadmill? We think so…