Here’s how we’ve been building websites that differentiate their company’s from the competition:
A purpose-driven Content Experience to support an important mission.
- Abundant and safe water
- Low carbon energy infrastructure (solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal)
- Advanced fuels and chemicals (decrease greenhouse gas emissions for industrial, transportation and agriculture sectors)
- Waste harvesting
To build a reputation worthy of their portfolio, they needed a new website that not only highlighted but embodied the quality of the technologies and people of the firm.
A humble approach to design creates something beautiful.
To represent True North, we built a Content Experience focused on furthering their mission. The result is a clean and simple design that mirrors their message and answers what they do and why they do it. Specific highlights include:
- Hover activated elements throughout the homepage and secondary pages to surprise the user without distracting from the content
- Complex frontend development to activate user-control animations on the site
- Content strategy and copy direction to better communicate their unique value proposition
A new player looking to make a splash.
A sleek approach leaves a sound impression.
- Finessed the language to directly communicate the firm’s philosophy
- Created an easy-to-update CMS to allow for simple updates to featured, newsworthy content
- Designed a custom carousel with a time slider to cycle through featured investments
- Created messaging strategy across pages
- Content curation
- Designed microsite template for flexibility & scalability
- Dynamic elements incorporated throughout
- Created new color palatte to modernize brand
As members of TechNexus, we were honored to be able to tell their story.
- Created a 2.5D Parallax video for an engaging landing impression on the homepage
- Updated the logo
- Refreshed overall branding to be more Chicago-focused
- Applied new branding to all marketing materials (including PDF invites , flyers, etc.)
- Utilized custom animations to add a dynamic element
Third time’s the charm (…or at least some of our best work yet!)
Freshwater Advisors, a Chicago-based venture development firm and innovation consultancy, connects corporations to entrepreneurial ecosystems. By scouting budding technologies and evaluating new ventures for investment and partnership opportunities,
Freshwater helps match promising start-ups with corporations looking to innovate. Since the company’s founding in 2013, they have grown immensely, working with over 20 major corporations, 16 of which are Fortune 500 companies.
Freshwater Advisors came to Clique to develop a custom platform to better support this growth. Our widespread presence in the Chicago startup community gave us unparalleled insights to best serve Freshwater’s needs. We built a modern, engaging platform that provides corporations with hand-selected startup portfolios, market insights, and tracking tools to help them effectively scout and interact with innovative startup companies.
TO DO THAT, WE:
- Customized design and UX of platform
- Incorporated all target data to be recorded and tracked
- Proposed table structures & layout to accommodate
- Built custom forms
- Easy accessibility on backend for updates/edits
- Created custom iconography
Custom build projects are some of our favorites—this one was no exception!
TO DO THAT, WE:
- Integrated with Workable for managing job applications
- Incorporated open source project link for gamified recruitment feature
- Created custom timeline
- Designed 10+ pages
- Configured design to display on 4 URLs
- Used custom photography
See how our designs match their innovative approach.
“Font size is killer, I feel like nothing stands out.”
To address that, we established context and visual hierarchy throughout. The study showed us users had a hard time finding portfolio companies that were relevant to them.
“I have to go to a fund page and hope that they have them labeled by sector and hope the fund I am looking at has it. Nothing in fund 4, I’ll try fund 3,”
With this in mind we condensed them onto one page with filters for organization and ease of accessibility. Users had a hard time finding specific employees or positions on the team page saying:
“This is kinda jacked, you want the top guy to be visible first,” and after finding the CEO by mousing over several different pictures, “Ah there he is, Kenneth. So egalitarian of him to be in the mix.”
With those insights we re-ordered team members into a logical sequence by rank, and removed the hover state that hid the names and titles of the BPOC employees.
To further improve BPOC’s user experience, we have installed click and mouse tracking and will be conducting another usability study in the coming months. This is an excellent example of our expertise in user experience and our ability to constantly improve an existing website. If you would like to further improve you website, please get in touch.
THE NEW ENERGY FOUNDRY SITE
Energy Foundry needed a a clean and easily navigable website for potential portfolio companies to find exactly what they’re looking for and even apply for consideration.
To accomplish this, Clique built a unique responsive website with a “dark and powerful” yet aspirational look. Custom animations highlight each of the tools they provide portfolio companies, while the high contrast demonstrates Energy Foundry’s unique positioning in the energy space.