UX Design: The Essentials is a hands on 2 day experience(8/20 – 8/21) where you’ll work through a repeatable UX process. You’ll leave with a thorough understanding of the process and ability to take it back to your current/future work immediately. The experience is focused around building a portfolio piece to display and continue improving your UX skills.
Our instructors for the weekend, Alissa and Michael have worked on 100’s of projects for B2B, B2C, product and service companies. Together they’ve taught 15+ courses and are experts at ensuring students walk away with repeatable skills for their next challenge.
Do you want to better understand your customer, improve communication with your technical colleagues, double the conversion of your marketing materials or transition to a UX role? User Experience fundamentals can help, and after 2 days you’ll walk away with this new perspective to tackle challenges throughout your career.
You’ll learn our UX Design Process, D3E:
- Discover users goals, motivations and challenges using observation, interview and survey
- Define user personas as well as your goals, and anti-goals
- Design with a detailed understanding of likely scenarios and increasing fidelity. The process will include customer journey mapping, user flows, IA, Wireframes and finally Prototypes.
- Evaluate quickly with lean usability tests
What You’ll Do:
- Prep reading before the session
- Review case-studies on user experience design process in small groups
- Create a group project to apply D3E to CASA our nonprofit partner or a personal project of your choosing
- Learn, share your ideas during and after the weekend with a community of collaborative learners via a private slack group
- Meet 1 on 1 with an experienced UX architect to get feedback on your work
- Walk away with a portfolio piece and a new perspective to tackle problems w/
Alissa Ampezzan M.A. is a Senior Designer at Civis Analytics and in charge of all things design (product, brand, and marketing). Her main focus is building a long-term strategy for user-centered, data-driven product design. Previously, she worked in educational product design, including a mobile cross-platform application that supports Common Core inquiry learning by connecting middle school classrooms with museums. She got her start at a marketing design studio where her passion for purpose-driven design developed as she helped many non-profit clients build brands and campaigns to maximize their impact. Alissa loves being a wolverine so much, she collected two degrees from the University of Michigan, a BFA in Graphic Design and an MA in Digital Media & Education.
Michael Facchinello is a UX Architect at Clique Studios. He specializes in making client business requirements into digital experiences that engage end users. At Clique he’s worked on 100’s of web projects including: immersive web applications with an emphasis on engagement, e-commerce development and optimization, marketing websites with a focus on conversion, triggers, brand engagement and form optimization. Positioned at the center of the organization, he works closely with project managers, designers, developers, and partners, where his primary responsibility is to architect projects and the user experience within them to ensure project success.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email Brent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clique Studios is an award-winning design and engineering agency. We create digital experiences for high-growth organizations. From day one, our philosophy has been simple: BUILD SOMETHING
Startup Institute’s eight-week program provides people with the skills, mindset, and network to find a job they love, doing work that matters.
CASA Cook County dedicates one advocate to champion one child, or one set of siblings in the foster care system, ensuring that the child’s voice is present in court even if the child is not.