An established brand in need of a makeover
Founded in 1977, Mario Tricoci is a chain of full-service salon and spa services founded by the charismatic, celebrity stylist Mario Tricoci. When they sold in 2000, the business stagnated, and the brand lost some of its edge making it harder to attract their desired audience.
Since repurchasing, they’ve worked to re-establish themselves as industry innovators and trendsetters. They needed their new website to attract a younger audience interested in “affordable luxury,” increase appointments and reclaim their “cool.”
Blending compelling visuals with thoughtful conversion design
In an industry where aesthetic is everything, we led with visuals to highlight Tricoci’s unique style. We curated imagery from a variety of different photo shoots to create a cohesive, yet original, look and feel.
In addition, we refined the site’s language to let the visuals breathe and bring the design to the forefront. We placed call-to-actions throughout the site to encourage booking. This approach resulted in a modern, alluring website reflective of the in-shop experience and the brand’s distinct style.
- Designed a microsite for the Mario, Make Me a Model competition which enabled live voting, and contest updates
- Created a custom tool to import pricing data for services from legacy site
- Integrated with Zenoti’s booking software for a seamless booking experience
- Designed custom color palettes and typography to match the brand aesthetic
- Built a fast, intuitive location finder for navigating the details of 14+ locations
Explore the new site, and if you’d like, schedule an appointment today!